When Mr R asked me if I would make Butter biscuits for him after tasting them in a bakery, I got a little frenzy not knowing what will turn out from my first attempt, the bakery ones were very delicious and I was wondering if I can make anything close to it. After blogging for a while and fixing my mind with a recipe and boosting confidence I got ready for the task. I started around 5"o clock in the evening, every step went by smooth and these little treats were all done in 20 minutes.
Then finally I waited for my dear food critique to arrive and kept my fingers crossed. Mr R was very excited when he saw the biscuits on the table. He straight rated it to a 5 star. Together with the family we finished every bit of it. I am very happy to share this quick and simple treat with all of you.
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1/4 ts
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Room temperature butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/3 cup
1) Sift all the flours (all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt) and keep aside.
2) Mix butter and sugar nicely until creamy and fluffy.
3) Add in the flour mix little by little to make a soft dough.
4) Then make them into 12 equal size ball and flatten them with your palm without pressing too hard. Place them on a non-stick baking sheet 2" apart,sprinkle little flour on top for a thin coating. Keep them in the fridge for 10 minutes.
5) Heat the oven to 350 F.
6) Then bake for 12 - 15 minutes or till they are almost white with a very slight golden color.
7) Allow to cool on a rack for some time and then enjoy the biscuits. Store in a air tight container.
1) Mixing equal quantities of dalda (Indian product) and butter makes the biscuits more delicious.