These soft balls made from Finger-millet are very nutritious and very popular among the rural folks of Tamil Nadu. It is loaded with calcium and protein and also have good amount of iron, fiber, vitamin D and other minerals. It also helps cool the body. Here goes a very easy recipe with Ragi flour.
- Ragi Flour - 4 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Powdered jaggery / Karuppati - 2 cups (or as preferred)
- Heat a pan and dry fry the Ragi flour for a few minutes till the raw smell disappears.
- In another deep bottomed pan, heat two cups of water with jaggery. Allow it to dissolve completely and come to a boil.
- Then slowly add the Ragi flour and stir continuously till you get a dough consistency.
- When the dough gets cool enough, make them into your preferred size circular balls, smearing the palm with oil.