"Wishing all my dear blogger friends a very Happy and Prosperous New Year"
Yes, it's been a long time, sorry friends was caught up with my daily chores. Now that I am back will try to be more regular. This is the most delicious and easiest recipe for cranberry jam or preserves you’ll ever encounter. This recipe is easy that you’ll be able to rave, about how delicious this is. Trust me after you try this jam, you will never ever buy canned again.
Water – 1 cup
White Sugar - 1 cup
Fresh Cranberries - 1 (12 ounce) package
Orange, peeled and pureed - 1
Apple peeled, cored and diced - 1
Pear peeled, cored and diced - 1
Dried mixed fruit chopped - 1
Pecans chopped – 1 cup (optional)
Salt – ½ tsp
Cinnamon ground – 1 tsp
Nutmeg ground – ½ tsp
- In a medium saucepan, boil water and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, and stir in cranberries, pureed orange, apple, pear, dried fruit, pecans, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst.
- Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. Homemade cranberry jam is wonderful on toast or a sandwich too.
1. Remember to keep the heat low to prevent the jam from burning.
2. The jam will keep for a couple months but, once open, keep it in the fridge and use fairly quickly.